Kiss me – I’m Irish! Ok, maybe I’m not Irish. I’m Finnish-German-Native American-a bit more German-English….I think. Anyhoo, I can still have fun for St. Patrick’s Day! Jen and I made an awesome video for how to do an ombre nail with St. Patrick’s Day colors but unfortunately the video was out of focus :o( Of course I realized that AFTER the fact. But that’s ok! I still have a fun St. Patrick’s Day nail for you!
For this nail, you will need:
Steps to achieve the fabulous St. Patrick’s Day nail:
1. Apply basecoat to all nails
2. Apply one coat of Zoya Suvi to all nails
3. Apply one coat of Zoya Apple to all nails
4. Apply another coat of Zoya Apple to all nails except for ring finger of each hand
5. Apply top coat to just the ring finger nail of each hand
6. While still wet, sprinkle gold glitter over the ring finger nail of each hand
7. Gently tap off excess gold glitter from each nail
8. Try to get gold glitter off of hand, table, lap, shirt and generally everywhere else
9. Apply top coat to all nails
10. Let dry
11. Go wash hands to get remaining gold glitter off of fingers
12. Go wash clothes to remove gold glitter
13. And voila! You are done.
So as you can see, it’s really easy to get this look! I did one coat of Suvi because Suvi has a nice deep green color to it to add some dimension to Apple. You could probably get away with not doing a coat of Suvi, but I think it brings a nice dark green base to the mix.
I don’t have a gold glitter nail polish, so decided to use loose gold glitter instead. It may be a bit messy. I’m not used to using glitter on my nails and Jen made it look so easy with the ombre nail. Turns out professionals are professional for a reason. I may have gold glitter every where, but at least I have fabulous nails for St. Patrick’s Day ;o)